- Respect your fellow team members and their goals.
- Be committed to your team and your club. Leaving your team half way through a year affects the whole team and reduces their chances at competitions.
- Have consistent attendance at training sessions (no more than 20% of classes can be missed). If there is a problem with a date, reasonable notice is to be given to the Team Manager and the Coach.
- Co-operate with your Coach and cadets.
- Respect your Coach’s decision with regard to team selections and/or movement within a team.
- Verbal abuse towards coaching staff, team managers and/or fellow team mates will not be tolerated.
- Any concerns or problems that you may be experiencing should be brought to the attention of the team manager or coach during a break or after the completion of a class NOT during a class.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your team’s performance will benefit and so will you.
- Treat your fellow team mates as you would like to be treated.
- Be prepared for class. This means wear a leotard and have your hair tied back.
- Do not wear jewellery to class as these can catch on apparatus and cause injury.
- Encourage your child to attend all classes.
- Have your child be punctual to classes.
- Respect the Coach’s decision regarding team placements and selection.
- Be aware that Coaches may make changes to team selections and/or positions throughout the year. These are not fixed at the beginning of the year and are subject to change dependent upon your child’s attendance, performance and behaviour during the year.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Applaud the efforts put in by all teams and members.
- Remember to praise your child for what they can do well and not criticise for what they can’t.
- Discuss concerns or problems with the team manager/club management as early as possible. It can’t be fixed if the club does not know it is broken.
- Be committed to the team process, removing your child from teams does change the team dramatically and affects the clubs presentation at competitions. Give plenty of notice if a child needs to leave.
- Show appreciation of the Team Managers, Costume Managers and officials. These people volunteer their time to the successful running of the club.
- Verbal abuse towards coaching staff, team managers, volunteers and/ or fellow team mates will not be tolerated.